As the 45th Vice President of the United States under President Bill Clinton, Al Gore is considered to be one of the best American politicians the world has seen. He was also awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in the year 2007 and has remained an environmental activist ever since.
But have you wondered how a prominent personality as great as Al Gore relaxes and unwinds after a long day’s work which leaves him completely tired? We are about to tell you about the ways which help Al Gore relax no matter how tired he is. Everyone needs some relaxation to help them bust their stress levels after a hard day out and to ensure that the are prepared for the next day. So, here are some of the best ways to ensure that life does not overburden you.
One of the best methods of relaxation for Al Gore is his writing. He is a renowned author and has written several influential books which have become read by millions of people and liked by many more. Writing allows a person to let his emotions flow and through words he can eliminate all the stress and anxiety within him and relax the mind completely.
Believe it or not, but getting a good massage done is yet another way Al Gore relaxes every day after work and enjoys it thoroughly too. He has his very own massage chair which allows him every muscle in his body to relax and by sitting on it for a few minutes every day he ensures that he goes off to sleep feeling fresh and calm.
Why use massage chairs?
We all know that getting a massage done by a professional masseur can be very refreshing but it is not always possible to hire one exactly when you need him or late at nights due to erratic hours of work. This is where a good quality and well designed massage chair proves to be quite useful as it is always at your disposal any time of the day or night and offers a full body massage in a very soothing manner.
Here are some of the major benefits of a massage chair.
1. 1. Soothes every muscle – As discussed earlier, one of the major benefits of a massage chair is that it massages every part of your body and soothes every muscle it comes in contact with thereby eliminating all the pain and tiredness from the body.
2. 2. Increases blood circulation – Another great benefit of massage chairs is that they increase the circulation of blood in the entire body thereby making you feel more active and energized than before. A good amount of blood is able to reach every major organ after a thorough body massage ensuring that they all function well.
3. 3. Reduces stress – As your body starts feeling lighter and calmer during a massage, the stress present in the body starts getting eliminated and your mind starts relaxing. You put aside all your worries and concerns and look forward to a good sleep or rest after the massage.
Also read: Al Gore’s Habits of Success
By any definition, Al Gore, has led a successful life; from serving as Vice President of the United States to winning the Noble Peace Prize for his efforts in environmental activism, he has accomplished quite a bit in his life, and has now amassed quite a bit of wealth on top of it all. However, pinpointing what has led him to such great political and financial success is difficult. Let’s examine the habits that make Al Gore who he is.
- Working long days can take a toll on anyone, so like many successful people before him, Gore makes time each day at 3:00pm to go for a run, unwinding and de-stressing as his feet pound away the miles.
- Often referred to as “the man with the slideshows”, Gore seems to love pontificating- accompanied by his slides of course. Perhaps all the better to make his point?
- A career in politics and trying to save the Earth from climate disaster could make anyone aggressively serious. However, reporters and aides alike talk of a penchant for self-deprecating humor- perhaps an attempt to lighten the mood?
- Perhaps not surprisingly for an environmentalist, Gore is not completely happy with the water in his home so he had a water softening system installed.
- Keeping fit is important to the former Vice President, so in addition to his daily runs, and the occasional basketball game or hike, he tries to eat a healthy, clean diet and- whether it is for his waistline or the environment- Gore has recently adopted a vegan diet. Rumour has it that like many fitness enthusiasts he likes Elliptical trainers such as the body rider elliptical.
- Like many successful people before him, Gore appears to be an early bird, rising with the sun to start his day of saving Earth.
- Whether it is a book or a blog, Gore spends hours each day immersed in his favorite hobby- writing.
- There is one thing that the former statesman seems to be unable to do- taking it easy and slowing down. Between running his NGO, sitting on the board of Apple, being highly involved with his two investment firms, offering consulting services and delivering numerous speeches, he remains busy- perhaps looking to save the world according to close friends.
- Although he is now out of the harsh Vice Presidential spotlight, you are not likely to find Gore in sweat pants and a t-shirt, unless he is exercising. Believing in the importance of appearance, polos and khakis are about as casual as he goes.
- Despite his success and vast wealth, Gore does not travel by private, or even corporate, planes most of the time. He tends to fly commercial and in fact seems to favor budget friendly Southwest Airlines.
- Family is important to Gore so in the small window of time where he is not working and traveling, he spends much of his time with his children and has been known to spend lavishly, such as for his daughter’s wedding.
Will modeling your life after Al Gore’s example lead you to great success as well? Perhaps so, if you have the dedication and drive to put in the same long hours and effort that he has.
Also read: How Al Gore Maintains His Yard
A person’s likelihood of developing diabetes may be increased by contracting a common viral infection. Worse still the person may be completely unaware they have caught the virus.
It is called the Cytomegalovirus (CMV) and can be sexually-transmitted as it is part of the herpes family. However the far more common method of spreading is through people coughing and sneezing. Amazingly it seems roughly half of all adults have contracted the virus.
The reason people are unlikely to suspect they have been infected is because it can lay dormant with the individual not showing any symptoms. If symptoms are shown then it is likely to be similar to flu, and perhaps in this case would be a blessing in disguise as not showing symptoms would be dangerous.
Two German universities have found evidence that the virus poses a significant risk factor in the development of type 2 diabetes later in life. Their research found that those over 85 with the virus were twice as likely to suffer from type 2 diabetes.
They found that these kinds of viral infections can stress the immune system which increased the chances of developing diabetes. Of 500 elderly adults studied in the Netherlands, 17% of those infected with the CMV also had type 2 diabetes whereas only 7.9% of those without the CMV had diabetes.