By any definition, Al Gore, has led a successful life; from serving as Vice President of the United States to winning the Noble Peace Prize for his efforts in environmental activism, he has accomplished quite a bit in his life, and has now amassed quite a bit of wealth on top of it all. However, pinpointing what has led him to such great political and financial success is difficult. Let’s examine the habits that make Al Gore who he is.
- Working long days can take a toll on anyone, so like many successful people before him, Gore makes time each day at 3:00pm to go for a run, unwinding and de-stressing as his feet pound away the miles.
- Often referred to as “the man with the slideshows”, Gore seems to love pontificating- accompanied by his slides of course. Perhaps all the better to make his point?
- A career in politics and trying to save the Earth from climate disaster could make anyone aggressively serious. However, reporters and aides alike talk of a penchant for self-deprecating humor- perhaps an attempt to lighten the mood?
- Perhaps not surprisingly for an environmentalist, Gore is not completely happy with the water in his home so he had a water softening system installed.
- Keeping fit is important to the former Vice President, so in addition to his daily runs, and the occasional basketball game or hike, he tries to eat a healthy, clean diet and- whether it is for his waistline or the environment- Gore has recently adopted a vegan diet.
- Like many successful people before him, Gore appears to be an early bird, rising with the sun to start his day of saving Earth.
- Whether it is a book or a blog, Gore spends hours each day immersed in his favorite hobby- writing.
- There is one thing that the former statesman seems to be unable to do- taking it easy and slowing down. Between running his NGO, sitting on the board of Apple, being highly involved with his two investment firms, offering consulting services and delivering numerous speeches, he remains busy- perhaps looking to save the world according to close friends.
- Although he is now out of the harsh Vice Presidential spotlight, you are not likely to find Gore in sweat pants and a t-shirt, unless he is exercising. Believing in the importance of appearance, polos and khakis are about as casual as he goes.
- Despite his success and vast wealth, Gore does not travel by private, or even corporate, planes most of the time. He tends to fly commercial and in fact seems to favor budget friendly Southwest Airlines.
- Family is important to Gore so in the small window of time where he is not working and traveling, he spends much of his time with his children and has been known to spend lavishly, such as for his daughter’s wedding.
Will modeling your life after Al Gore’s example lead you to great success as well? Perhaps so, if you have the dedication and drive to put in the same long hours and effort that he has.
Also read: How Al Gore Maintains His Yard